Cypress to Playwright converters
Migrating from one test library to another can be a daunting task, but with the right tools, we can make it a smoother transition.
To help with this task I've encountered two similar tools that rewrite your Cypress code to its equivalent in Playwright.
On the websites, you can simply paste your Cypress code, and you'll receive the test cases rewritten in Playwright ✨. Just like that.
These tools can be used for a couple of reasons:
- trying out Playwright without wasting time
- quickly see what the Playwright equivalent is of a code block
- rewrite a specific piece of code (think of a test that you aren't able to write properly, or don't know where to start), or even rewrite entire files
- motivate your team to try/use Playwright
- hit the ground running from day one
In short, the mentioned tools help you with the transition from Cypress to Playwright.
Side note: if you have a GitHub Copilot license you can also prompt your Copilot to migrate a test or file for you. In a small demo application, this worked out fine for me.
Here's a small example to give you an idea of a migration:
For more Playwright content, check out my blog posts about 🎭 Playwright.
I appreciate it if you would support me if have you enjoyed this post and found it useful, thank you in advance.